NYK Forklifts can provide training and licensing, with all materials and log books provided. Training is carried out by onsite Qualified Examiners. All examinations and testing is carried out onsite allowing trainee to use own onsite forklift for training and testing.
**QUEENSLAND LICENSING PROCEDURE
- A log book can be completed starting at age 17 years
- Forklift licences can only be issued to persons 18 years & older
- A drivers licence is not required to attain a forklift licence
- New Zealand or any other overseas licence are not valid in Australia
- Applicants must have a basic knowledge of English both written & Spoken.
** Please be aware Qld Licensing Procedures are constantly changing, information on this site is accurate at the time of publication.
- Two (2) Hour theory training session on National Guide lines for operating a Forklift.
- Training in Pre & Post Operational Checks
- Training Plan/Task list is provided & explained.
- A training manual / Log Book is given, 40 Hours minimum hours must be achieved & logged under the supervision of a licensed & competent operator.
- Machinery familiarisation of controls is undertaken & explained.
- Contact the assessor
- 97 Questionnaire is conducted. (a 100% pass rate is required)
- One (1) hour practical test is completed
Second Stage (up to 40 hours has been completed & logged)
- Within 14 days you will receive a Statement of Attainment (OHSCER207A) (OHSCER208A O.P)
- You must lodge the Cert of Attainment along with accompanying paper work at any Post Office within 60 Days.(If later than 60 days a Certificate Re-issue Fee is applicable)
- 100 Point ID will be required
- Licence Fee Approx *$85 ( *Not included in fee)
- Within 30 days a photo ID Licence will be delivered to you
- Forklift Licence is a National Licence valid for 5 years.
RPL (Recognition Of Prior Learning)
- To achieve RPL the participant must demonstrate at least 5 years of forklift operating experience
- Examples of this include international licences or a letter headed letter of recommendation stating number of years operating a forklift, type of forklifts operated & work undertaken.
- The participant to provide a copy of their job description stating relevant tasks & role.
- Participant to undergo a competency assessment involving written & practical examinations.
- Upon successful completion an Assessment summary is issued.
- Stage 3 completion is to be followed.
*All Training costs & materials are included (Cost of actual licence not included)
*All training is completed at your work place, an alternative venue may be available by request.
*Pricing based on Brisbane Metro area, outside may attract additional travel costs
If you need to acquire your Forklift licence contact NYK Now
PH (07) 3344 1400